To get the most out of Dr. Oz’s 48-Hour Weeekend Cleanse, be sure to follow these rules:
- No Eating After 7 p.m.
- Take an Epsom Salt Bath: This therapeutic bath will help you sweat out toxins and also contains magnesium to relax your muscles as well.
- Dandelion Root Tea: Before bed, enjoy a cup of dandelion root tea, an excellent way for your liver to excrete toxins from your body.
Bonus: More Foods to Boost Your Body’s Detox Systems
- Dark berries such as blueberries and blackberries will make it easier for your liver to get rid of certain toxins.
- Hot peppers have capsaicin, which boosts enzymes responsible for detoxifying the liver. As a rule, the hotter the pepper, the more capsaicin.
- Whole grains contain phosphorous, a natural laxative, and fiber to help bulk up your stools.
- Fermented foods like kimchi (Korean spicy pickled cabbage) and sour pickles are packed with probiotics, the good bacteria that help protect your colon.
- Soy products such as miso, tofu and edamame all act like diuretics, allowing you to urinate more often.
- Cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, bok choy and broccoli increase your kidney’s ability to transport toxins into the urine and help liver cells recover from detox.