Day 5: Boost Your Memory
More than half of those polled were afraid of losing their memory. To energize your brain, try these six memory-boosting foods.
- Red onions contain quercetin, a phytochemical that contributes to healthy brain function.
- Eggplant has nasunin, an antioxidant that protects the lipids or fats in brain cell membranes.
- Rosemary has carnosic acid, which has neuro-protective properties shown to help keep Alzheimer’s at bay.
- Spinach is high in folic acid, a nutrient that also may protect against Alzheimer’s.
- Whole-wheat noodles are loaded with thiamine, a B vitamin that improves memory and recall.
- Peanuts have choline, another B vitamin that supports overall mental functioning.