Curry: Fights Alzheimer’s
- Curry powder is a blend of different spices.
- Typically includes turmeric, coriander and cumin.
- Indians eat 100-200 mg curry/day.
- Many of the spices in curry powder, like turmeric, are linked to lower rates of cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
- Click here for a recipe to make your own curry powder mix.
- Cook with curry or sprinkle liberally to taste.
- Reduces inflammation, detoxifies the skin, and increases circulation.
- Soothes, calms and hydrates skin.
- To make a beauty treatment face mask: Mix powder with water to make a paste. Then apply the paste, leave on overnight for best effect.
Holy Basil: Fights Stress
- Studies have shown holy basil reduces emotional stress and physical damage from stress, including atherosclerosis, which leads to heart disease.
- Available in plant form at farmer’s markets or in supplement form at the health store.
- Eat a medium sized leaf every day to counteract stress.
Abhyanga Massage: Boost Immunity
- Similar to a Swedish massage.
- The treatment is oil-based.
- Use warm yellow sesame oil, available at grocery stores.
- Start with your face and head.
- Practice for 5 minutes daily.