Full name: Craig Jon Moskowitz, MD
Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
Place of Practice: Private Practice, New York, NY
Why did you want to become a doctor?
There were a lot of physicians in my family. I saw how much they were respected in the community and how much their patients appreciated what they did for them. I wanted a career that would give me the kind of satisfaction that they experienced.
What sets you apart from other doctors in your field?
I think for my level of experience, I know as much as any other ophthalmologist, but I think I haven an inherent ability to put patients at ease and allow them to trust me.
What are your 5 tips for living longer?
- Drink red wine every day – resveratrol can ward off glaucoma.
- Carrots’ benefits for your eyes are not a myth – beta carotene is good for the eyes
- Salmon is very good for the tears and dry eyes.
- Green leafy vegetables are good for the retina.
- Get routine eye exams. You can make a lot of diagnoses throughout the body by examining the whole eye.