Full Name: David Alexander Forsh, MD
Hometown: Myrtle Beach, SC
Specialty: Orthopedic Surgery
Place of Practice: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
Why did you want to become a doctor?
I became an Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon because I enjoy helping people at pivotal moments and am able to intimately touch their lives on a daily basis when they are most in need of critical care. I am able to operate essentially anywhere in the body, which presents a new challenge every day. There’s never a dull moment.
What sets you apart from other doctors in your field?
Well, I’m single…and how many Orthopedic Trauma Surgeons can say that they’ve made it to The Dr. Oz Show?!
What are your 5 tips for living longer?
- Laugh, laugh, laugh...and specifically be able to laugh at yourself
- Do something that makes you happy every day, whether it be loving your job, exercising, cooking or dancing in the elevator.
- Talk to someone you love every day, like your mom, dad, kids, husband or friend.
- Sleep! Get adequate rest each night. Take it from me: I’m about 14 years behind on sleep right now. So trust me, sleeping is not overrated.
- Never hold a grudge. Learn how to forgive.