A panel of doctors and health experts blow the lid off the information and beliefs you swear by. While the truth may surprise you, you'll be more fully equipped to take better care of yourself.
Get the verdict on the following health myths:
- Muscle weighs more than fat.
- Carbohydrates are bad for your health and can make you gain weight.
- Frozen fruits and veggies are never as good as their fresh counterparts.
- Eating at night will make you gain weight.
- Twelve-grain breads or multigrain breads are the best bread option for fiber and healthfulness.
- Compounded "bioidentical" hormones are identical to the hormones in our bodies.
- Ice is better than heat to treat pain.
- If a low-fat diet is good, a no-fat diet is even better.
- People can just "tough out" depression and get better on their own.
- The more sugar you consume the more cavities you will get.
- Eating eggs will raise your cholesterol.
- You should run through shin splints.
- Crossing your legs causes varicose veins.
- All butter products are bad for your health.
- If you swallow chewing gum, it will stay in your stomach for seven years.
- The more you exercise, the more weight you lose.
- No pain, no gain.
- Fat won’t grow back after liposuction.