If you’re not at your target weight, you can fake it until you make it! Use these tips to dress instantly thinner for your body type.
Problem Area: Big Bottom
Wearing a top that's too short and doesn't camouflage your bottom is a recipe for disaster.
Let your fingertips be your guide. Relax your hands by your sides and select tops that graze your fingertips. These tops will be long enough to conceal your big bottom. Tunics are a great choice. Opt for flared-leg jeans, which draw people's eyes down, away from your rear end.
- Avoid anything white or ivory.
- Avoid anything high-waisted.
- Look for shirts with interesting backs.
- Team a plain skirt with a print shirt, the distraction will work to your advantage.
Problem Area: Big Tummy
Clothes that are either too tight or too baggy will highlight your mid-section.
One of the best secrets to conceal a big tummy is a sheath dress! Choose ones made with jersey material. Go with a dark colored sheath dress and a lighter-colored jacket. You can also look for a dress with vertical darting. Remember that fitted blazers are great in further creating a pretty silhouette. You can also wear them with both dresses and jeans to get more bang for your buck!
- Slimming shaper undergarments are key when trying to minimize your belly!
- A-line tops are a great choice.
- Avoid drawstring pants or waists; they will make you look even bigger.
- Tunic tops can conceal, but be sure you select the right size that's appropriate for you. Don't go too big.
- Find pants with side closures.
- Oblique crunches will help to tighten this area.