Full Name: Dwayne Michael Bodie, DMD
Hometown: Bronx, NY
Place of Practice: Nyack, NY
Why did you want to become a doctor?
I've always liked helping people.
What sets you apart from other doctors in your field?
I don't know if it sets me apart but I genuinely love what I do. I can honestly say I look forward to going to work most days and patients can sense that, which is why I'm often complimented about my relaxing chair side manner. I also explain what's being done in full detail and like giving updates as I go along.
What are your 5 tips for living longer?
- Chew sugar-free gum after meals when brushing and flossing aren't feasible.
- How often you eat is as important as what you eat. The more frequently you eat, the more times you have an acid attack from bacteria that can cause cavities. Enjoy your treats with a meal, not as a separate snack.
- Don't have multiple text conversations at once. Sending the wrong text to the wrong person can be harmful to one's health.
- Never offer a woman any unsolicited dental advice outside of the office.
- Frequent and regular checkups are key in dentistry and all aspects of health.