The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Pizza (2:53)
You don’t have to sling your own pie or give up delivery night to enjoy a healthy slice of pizza. If you’re ordering pizza from your local pizzeria, follow this formula to order a healthier pie:
- Ask for a thin, whole-wheat crust.
- Request the pie be double cut.
- Hold the meat.
- Order all the veggie toppings.
If you’re ordering from a national chain restaurant, look for these specific pies:
- At Domino’s, Get your vitamin C with the Honolulu Hawaiian Pizza.
- At Papa John’s Pizza, go for the Garden Fresh pie that’s loaded with vegetables like green peppers and olives.
- At Pizza Hut, look for the Veggie Lover’s® Thin ‘N Crispy® pizza.
Print out this cheat sheet and post it on your refrigerator or keep it next to your delivery menus to remember what to order.