Name: Joshua Lee Rock
Hometown: Westfield, NJ
Place of Practice: Doctors of Central Connecticut Cardiology, New Britain, CT
Why did you want to become a doctor?
I’ve always had a fascination with the physiology behind the human body. Furthermore, it gives me great satisfaction to help others in need.
What sets you apart from other doctors in your field?
I have a special interest in cardiac imaging and have completed additional training in vascular testing and cardiac ultrasound.
What are your tips for living longer?
- Smile more and find the positive in every experience. Studies show positive, happier people are less stressed and less prone to develop cardiovascular disease.
- Meditate every day. It will reduce stress and improve longevity.
- Eat plenty of fiber. Each gram of fiber lowers your LDL (bad cholesterol) by 1%.
- Stay active. Daily activity can raise your good cholesterol by about 10%.
- Exercise, exercise, exercise!