As the New Year rolls around, we like to map out our next year’s personal and professional goals. As a plastic surgeon, I constantly think about new products and procedures that could enhance people’s appearance. So, here’s my list of things for the cosmetic surgeon’s bag of tricks that I know the public would love to see.
- Noninvasive liposuction machine – it’s approved around the world but we’re still waiting for it here in the US.
- Cheek lifts that really work. The Threadlifts™ are now off the market and millions of people would love to get that sagging tissue boosted without incisions.
- A 5-year wrinkle filler. A year seems too short, but permanent is…well, permanent. We really do want it to eventually go away to reduce the chance of problems. Five years seems just about right.
- Breast implants that feel normal but don’t interfere with mammograms. The current ones mandate MRIs to make sure everything’s ok. But MRIs are expensive and require an injection.
- A cellulite cure. Nothing out there works yet – despite what you may read.
- An “off-the-shelf” cartilage substitute – to let us more simply rebuild noses and ears.
- A longer-acting Botox. A year sounds good.
- And while we’re at it, how about removing all toxins, fragrances, and unnecessary preservatives from skin care products.
- Finally, I’d like a bunny.