It’s a dark, bitter, cold, rainy Saturday morning. You are laying in bed trying to get motivated enough to get that dreaded exercise in, but you just can’t do it.
Wrong! You can do it and I’m going to give you some tricks of my own to get motivated, stay motivated and let you know what originally motivated me!
I am not a big fan of the way society treats overweight people. A few times things were said to me that made it worse for me. I wanted to show the world that Jennifer can do it and so can YOU!
What motivated me was simply thinking back to who I used to be before I gained the weight. I went out with friends, danced the night away, was able to wear cute clothes and most of all got to be the very social butterfly – I love people!
When I was heavy, none of these things were happening in my life, and I desired them all so much. I finally told myself that I was worthy and deserving of living the way I used to live, and made up my mind to combine a healthy eating plan with exercise. In the next 6 months, I lost almost 60 pounds and 37 inches from head to toe, simply by putting myself first.
Here are some of the ways I stay motivated:
- Keeping records: Weigh yourself weekly, and write down your weight. Also measure yourself head to toe before you begin your journey. It’s awesome to look back at your numbers to see them keep going down, and eventually maintaining that loss!
- Accountability: Get involved in group fitness, or exercise with a friend on a regular basis. These people will not only help motivate you, but they will want to know why you didn’t show up! You’ll be left with no option for excuses.
- Inspiration: Surround yourself with the kind of people that you admire and you want to be like. For example, you have friends on a lunch break that choose to order a pizza for lunch and chow down. You also have friends who choose to eat their healthy lunch and then take the rest of their lunch break time to take a walk. You always have a choice – choose to hang out with the kind of people that will motivate you.
- Support: Again, gym buddies or good friends can keep you motivated and support you in your efforts on your journey, enlist the best of them!
- Results: When you start to see the results of your hard work and dedication, it will only motivate you more! The people you have enlisted to help you will be out of their minds with happiness for you. These are the kind of people that I’m thankful for and that continue to motivate me!
Right here and now you have me in your corner. No matter what I’m here to make it happen for you. I promise!