I'd like to offer any of you who are on any kind of prescription medication my own personal story and advice. Remember to always check with your doctor before making any changes! I hope this part of my story will inspire you to make some changes!
From about 2005- 2006, when I was overweight and unhealthy, I experienced migraine headaches and panic attacks. I was also taking medicine for my borderline high blood pressure and cholesterol.
I took anxiety medication every morning, and when a migraine came on, which they did frequently, I took 1 prescription medication for pain and 1 for nausea. There were days when I was taking a half-dozen pills! I didn't want to take the pills, but they took care of my problems and I knew of no other way out!
To my surprise, through exercise and taking Dr. Oz's advice from his book "YOU: On a Diet," I realized I was giving my body natural medication. I stopped taking all those medications and have not touched any of them in almost 4 years now!
Here is a list of my current medications:
- My daily cholesterol medication: One-half cup of Steel cut oats with fresh fruit and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- My blood pressure medication: Kick boxing or jogging. They also give me a ton of energy!
- My pain-killer: Weight lifting
- My migraine medication: Jogging
- My afternoon cup of coffee: Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, which provide even more energy than that coffee ever gave me!
- My gym/workout buddies keep me motivated, positive, on track and happy! This is good medication for the soul.
- My new anxiety medication: Any kind of cardio workout!
- My "diet" medication: A palm full of walnuts 20 minutes before I eat a meal! They help fill you up naturally!
- My new salt: Red pepper flakes! They keep my blood pressure low and help burn fat!
I exercise daily, mixing it up with cardio and weight lifting. I combined that with Dr. Oz's eating plan. This has kept me med-free and I couldn't be more grateful to him!
If I feel any symptom coming on, I take my own advice and sha bang I'm better! I'm drug-free and loving it! Show the world that you can do it too! If I can do it anyone can! Rock on!