Let me start by saying that when I was overweight and not healthy, I lost all my confidence. I was very sad and lonely, missing out on what life had to offer me.
I was on medications, had high blood pressure and high cholesterol – I was borderline miserable! After being told by my family physician that I was going to have to go on more medications, I decided to make some changes!
I joined a gym and took a group fitness class for the first time in my life. After leaving that first class I already felt better about myself, and I started to remember my old friend, Ms. Confidence.
I started taking a class everyday of the week, each time leaving with more and more confidence. Then I added Dr. Oz’s plan to my daily routine, and my confidence continued to build.
As I saw results and took the necessary steps to get there, I was rewarded by eventually getting all my confidence back.
Having confidence makes you strong, powerful, loveable and so much more. I’m so happy with my results that, that is all the fuel I need to keep doing what I do and keep Ms. Confidence around.
Here are some tips to finding your confidence and keeping it:
- You must set goals for yourself and never let anyone tell you that you can’t do it.
- You must take the steps towards your goals in order to get there.
- Stop making excuses of why you can’t get to the gym or take that 30 minute walk and also eat the right foods.
- Put number 1 first always!
- Start a journal of all your accomplishments along the way and be thankful for all of them, no matter how small or big.
- Get excited – feel like you have already met all your goals and soon enough you will reach them.
- Surround yourself with other confident people.
- When you reach a goal, reward yourself with a new top, or some new shorts – something that you know you can rock.
- Dress with confidence, bright colors, and form fitting clothing.
- The same goes for doing your hair; add some highlights or change the color and add a little makeup.
Find that confidence in yourself and you’ll be amazed, just as I was and still am sometimes at how much Ms. Confidence can do for you!