Here are a baker's dozen of my favorite sizzling summertime tips to help keep you motivated, push you through plateaus, keep you hydrated, and make sure you're getting all those fruits and veggies all summer long!
- Buy a 64-oz pitcher. Fill it with water and keep it in your fridge. Keep in mind that this is the amount of water you should consume on a regular day. When you exercise and sweat more, you'll need a little more than this!
- Anytime you see a sign to pick your own fruits and veggies - do it! Not only can you sneak in a couple of servings of them while you're picking, but you're burning up more calories by picking them yourself, while also saving money and getting a very fresh product!
- If you have reached a plateau, remember the key words: change is good. Maybe it's time to add more cardio or weight lifting. You can also change the kind of cardio you do! Change is always good, so mix up different kinds of workouts to get you through your plateaus. It's also very good for your body to work different muscle groups!
- Meditate, meditate, meditate! This is so important and should be done daily!
- Stock that fridge up with cut up watermelon slices, fresh cherries, melon slices, fresh cucumber and tomato slices! That way, when you open that fridge you'll immediately find quick, healthy summertime snacks! This is a great way to get those fruits and veggies in!
- Instead of lounging in the pool all day, buy a sprinkler and run through it to cool down, or wash your car and maybe have a water fight! This burns extra calories and gets some dirty work done while having summertime fun!
- Exercise early in the morning or later on in the evening to avoid the midday summer heat. That way you won't feel sluggish! Mornings are better because you get that metabolism going right away and you'll continue to burn calories through the whole day!
- There's nothing better than a fresh tomato or cucumber sandwich on whole grain bread with low-fat mayo. This is another way to get those fruits and veggies in!
- If you own less than an acre of land, you should easily be able to push-mow your lawn! It's a great way to burn extra calories and saves a lot of gas compared to a rider! Sell that rider and make some extra cash for yourself!
- Shop at farmer's markets or your local veggie stand. You'll save money, get a fresher product and you'll feel like a kid in a candy store! Woohoo!
- Roasted or grilled veggies rock, and they are a great side dish or snack! Mix them up, experiment; add fresh herbs and olive oil. This is bound to rock your taste buds!
- Two of my favorites are fresh fruit salad and grilled chicken salad. Put them on your menu today!
- No matter what shape or weight, always see yourself as healthy, strong, and at a healthy waist size for you. It does not matter what happened yesterday - today is a new day for a new you! Put that vision in your head and keep it there!
If you use my baker's dozen tips you may be presently surprised at the results you see! Like I always say, bring it on and you'll be loving life, just as I do!