There are so many ways to eat right and exercise and we all know those two go hand-in-hand. What if I were to tell you that with one simple step you could lose weight and start to get in shape? You’re just one step away from change!
The following is a list of things you can do to lose weight, and get healthy and fit. Pick just one of these things to start with, stick with it for 2 weeks, and you’ll see results. Then when you’re ready, choose another one and add that to your first step. Stick with those for 2 weeks and so on. It’s that simple and I promise you’ll see results.
- Eat steel cut oatmeal for breakfast every day. Click here for my healthy apple pie recipe.
- Eat veggie burgers (found in the freezer section of your grocery store) on a whole grain wrap, loaded with veggies. Add a 1/2 cup of low-sodium soup (no more than 400mg of sodium per serving) and you’ve got a healthy go-to lunch.
- Walk, jog or take a group fitness class for a minimum of one hour of cardio every day.
- Lift weights or strength train a minimum of 3 days per week. Remember to rest at least one day in between sessions.
- Cut back on your portion sizes. Try eating on smaller plates.
- Only snack on fruits and veggies in between meals.
- Only drink ice water, skim milk and green tea. Remember not to add sugar or cream.
- Give up sugar, salt and white bread.
- Completely rid your home of any junk food. Bring healthy foods and snacks with you wherever you go, so you have no excuses to eat junk while out.
- Meditate a minimum of 20 minutes every day!
These are my one step promises to you. They work and I’m living proof that results will come if you follow them. I’ve made this very easy for you, adding one step every 2 weeks for the next 20 weeks. Like I always say, if you want what I got you, must do what I do. These simple steps are exactly how I got and now maintain my results!
Finally, I would like to say that as we head into Season 3 of The Dr. Oz Show, I am very thankful to still be a part of such a cool team since Season 1 as a Wellness Warrior. You will continue to see new blogs from me on a monthly basis and if you want more, you can always add me on Facebook at Jennifer Lynn Reopell Szall.