Let’s first remember that diets don’t work. It’s all about making lifestyle change. After I read Dr. Oz’s book YOU: On a Diet, I took action right away by starting to make those lifestyle changes in order to lose weight and get healthy. Below is my Top 10 Must-Do List to lose or maintain your weight and get healthy.
- Get rid of the salt. Don’t even keep it in your house and never eat anything with more than 400 mg of sodium.
- Get rid of sugar. Again, don’t keep it in your house.
- Never eat anything white. Whole grain is the way to go!
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to your bowl of steel-cut oatmeal every morning.
- Don’t buy anything you know isn’t healthy, so you won’t be tempted to eat it.
- Exercise every day. Strength train 2-3 days a week and do cardio every day for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Drink plenty of ice water.
- Meditate every day. Think positive and surround yourself with positive people.
- Never skip meals or snacks. This is what keeps your metabolism going.
- If you make a mistake, it’s OK as long as you hop back on the wagon with your next meal or snack.
Although I have many other tips on losing weight and keeping it off, these are the main ones that worked for me. This June will be 4 years that I’ve maintained my weight loss and my Top 10 List is the main reason I’ve been able to do it!