A new year could mean a new you; all you have to do is stop your excuses! As one of Dr. Oz’s Wellness Warriors, I’ve heard every excuse in the book. I always do my best to offer you all my best advice, but the truth is if you don’t put my advice into action, then it’s not going to work for you. Even Oprah herself admitted that she used her thyroid problem as an excuse for being overweight. The truth is that even though it may be a little harder to lose weight with a thyroid problem, it can still be done. Oprah admitted that!
For years I made excuses too, but I’m glad I got over that. I faced the truth and took action to make my life the best it can be by always doing the best that I can!
Here is a list of things to help you become fit and healthy for the new year!
- If you don’t have time, make time!
- Don’t hang out with people who make excuses. Instead, hang out with the positive go-getters.
- Put yourself first.
- Rearrange your schedule to fit your needs first. Make a list and check it twice, there may be things you’ll have to sacrifice.
- Remember small steps towards your goals today will add up over time. Soon you’ll see all those dreams come true!
- Make a vision board. Put pictures on it of the body you want; envision yourself living a healthy lifestyle!
- Everytime you catch yourself making an excuse, drop and give me 20 pushups – or maybe it could be a 1minute plank hover or 50 crunches! Whatever you pick, stick to it. This will help you stop making excuses!
- Keep busy all the time.
- If you are snowed in and don’t own any exercise equipment, turn up that music and dance, dance, dance! An hour of dancing is great cardio.
- If you can walk and grocery shop, then you have the power to transform yourself this new year!
The truth is that as long as you keep making excuses of why you can’t lose weight or why you can’t exercise and eat healthy, then you’ll stay stuck on that fence forever! Choose to move forward, take that leap over the fence you may just realize as I did that the grass really is a lot greener over here.
If I could give you just one second of what it feels like to be me, loaded with tons of energy, living a positive life style and dancing to the beat of my own drum, I guarantee you would stop making those excuses today. Happy New Year everyone, own it!