I started my journey to wellness on February 10, 2010, and as of May 16, 2010, I have lost 32 pounds and 10 inches off of my waist. You’re probably thinking to yourself, why is she complaining? A part of me agrees with that statement, as my weight loss is an accomplishment! I also didn’t put this weight on overnight, but I still feel as though I should be losing more weight. I feel as though it should just magically melt off of my body.
Am I doing something wrong? I was becoming impatient and fearful that because I am a food addict, that my old eating habits would slowly creep back in. I contacted an expert whom I sent my daily food diaries. Dr. Mike, “The Enforcer,” assured me that I am making normal progress and gave me encouragement and support. Dr. Mike suggested that I reread Chapter 4 in YOU: On a Diet, and his advice, as usual, was right on the mark! Thank you, Dr. Mike!
For all of you who are stalled – here is some information that makes sense, and also a few suggestions that I felt were helpful to me and hope will be helpful to you.
- When we eat the right foods, we efficiently metabolize them, and weight loss may stall temporarily.
- Continue to eat healthy and stay on program.
- Continue to plan your weekly meals and post them on the refrigerator.
- Faithfully keep a daily food journal.
- Step up your exercise program, or if you haven’t started an exercise program now is a good time to start one.
- Most importantly: stay positive!
Weekly Food Menu:
Sunday and Tuesday: whole grain pasta and veggies
Monday: whole wheat veggie pizza with crumbled turkey sausage
Wednesday and Friday: grilled chicken breast with sun-dried tomatoes
Thursday and Saturday: grilled tilapia with asparagus
Have a happy and healthy week, and please keep me posted as to your journey at Riare43a@aol.com.