Many times in our lives we look for someone to come and save us or to be our hero, but did you know that just one small act of kindness on your part can make you a hero as well. Just this week I was thinking what makes a hero, and this is what I came up with: Helping Each one Reach Our goals.
Although you are on you own personal journey to wellness here are some things that you can do to help others:
- Become a walking or workout partner
- Offer to share healthy office snacks like fresh fruit, salads or whole grains
- Check in with friends and family to check on their daily steps
- Post healthy recipes on blogs and facebook
- Share new shopping finds and sales
- Listen to friends who may be struggling on their journey and offer advice
If you have been on this journey, you are sure to have some tips and tricks that will help someone. Today I wish to share one of my favorite recipes:
Garlicky Green beans
½ lb fresh green beans
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Coarse garlic powder with parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
Wash and snap ends of the green beans as needed. In a large non-stick skillet add olive oil and heat pan. Add green beans, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir frequently until the green beans are the desired tenderness. Season to taste.
These green beans taste great hot or cold. My friend and YOU Gal, Stacy, eats them right out of the pot. Enjoy and don’t forget that you are a HERO!
I would love to hear from you so email me at email@example.com and happy stepping!