New York – (April 28, 2016) – The three-time Emmy® award-winning, The Dr. Oz Show roars into May with brand new shows, loaded with exclusive information, where he exposes the truth from America’s most popular foods to shocking & surprising behind-closed-door Investigations.
Every Monday in May, Dr. Oz continues his Food Truth series uncovering the truth behind the foods you love from coffee to guacamole. Also, Dr. Oz introduces diet layering, which is a strategy for anyone looking to maximize their dieting efforts. We introduce key techniques, oils, foods, teas, and exercises that you can layer on top of your diet to achieve your best results.
Plus, Dr. Oz goes behind closed doors to investigate range of topics from safe snacking at the movie theater to snapchatting plastic surgeons that you need to know. Be prepared to have your mind blown, as Dr. Oz unveils the most provocative and alluring stories that you have ever seen.
This May, if your jaw doesn’t drop, you weren’t watching The Dr. Oz Show.
Dr. Oz’s Food Truth Series Every Monday Uncovers The Truth Behind America’s Biggest Foods
- The Real Story Behind Diet Ice Cream And What’s Really In Your Fro-Yo
- What’s Really In Your Guacamole
- Are There Chemicals In Your Coffee
- Are High Protein Boosted Foods A Scam
- Where Is The Shrimp I’m Buying Coming From?
- Is Your Calamari Really Squid Or Could It Be Pork Intestine
- The Secret Ingredients Hiding In Your Beer
- Are The Health Foods You Are Eating High in Arsenic
- What’s Really In Your Pancake Syrup
- The Truth Behind Vegetable Oil
Dr. Oz Explosive & Exclusive Interviews
- Queen Latifah Sets The Record Straight About Becoming A Mother And Her New Passion
- Alison Sweeney On Her Fight Against An Online Diet Pill Scam
- Dr. Ben Carson Speaks Out On Health In America, Why He Wanted To Be President And Supporting Trump
- Everything You Need To Know About Alzheimer’s Right Now With Maria Shriver
- The Property Brothers Investigate The Secret Toxins In Your Home
Dr. Oz Shocking & Surprising In-Depth Behind-Closed-Door Investigations
- Inside The Places You Go Most: Movie Theater Concession Stands; Plus, How Safe Is It to Grab And Go At Gas Station Convenience Stores
- Back From The Dead Stories To Make You Question Everything
- The 28 Day Shrink Your Stomach Challenge
- What You Need To Know About Flush Drinks To Eliminate Toxins And Fats From Your Body
- Waist Trainer Disasters You Have To See To Believe
- How To Trick Your Body Into Burning Stored Fat And Why You Need To Know About The Ketogenic Diet
- The Snapchatting Plastic Surgeon Known As Dr. Miami
- When A Tummy Tuck And Liposuction Blunder Goes Terribly Wrong – The Woman With A Hole In Her Belly
- Why The Creator Of The Fast Diet Says Everything You’ve Been Told about Weight Loss Is Wrong
May Sweeps Kick Off Week Shows:
Thursday, April 28th - Dr. Oz Investigates Diet Ice Cream: Are The Ingredients Making You Fat?
You think diet ice cream and frozen yogurt are healthy, but are they making you fat? We investigate the ingredients that may cause you to pack on the pounds. Then, the 28-day challenge to shrink your stomach. See the meals you should be eating to be beach-ready in less than a month.
Friday April 29th - Marie Osmond: How She Moved Past The Biggest Tragedy Of Her Life
A double daytime exclusive! First, the legendary Marie Osmond opens up about how she found the courage and strength to carry on from the biggest crisis of her life, her battle with bulimia and the day she nearly drove off a cliff. Then, the Cleveland kidnapping survivors Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus speak out on the child born in captivity and how The Dr. Oz Show helped them get through that terrible and frightening time in their lives.
Monday, May 2nd - Dr. Oz Investigation: Inside The Places You Go Most: Movie Theater Concession Stands
Could your movie theater have some disturbing health violations? See what’s lurking at the concession stand, on the armrests, cup holder and more. Then, “The Real” host Loni Love tries the latest health food products you want to know about and, she shares her guilt-free bacon makeovers for bacon lovers. Plus, the spoon hacks to up the game on your diet.
Tuesday, May 3rd - Waist Trainer Disasters You Have To See To Believe
Extreme waist training. It’s one of the most controversial diet trends we’ve ever covered and celebrity Instagrams like Kim Kardashian’s are fueling the fire. Meet women who are sabotaging their health, even removing ribs, to achieve an hourglass figure, but at what cost? And, the new green detox soup for weight loss.
Wednesday, May 4th - Back From The Dead Stories: The Man Who Said He Went To Hell
Never in the history of this show has anyone seen hell and come back to talk about it - until now. You’ll hear from a man who says his experience in hell was so bone chilling – it changed his life forever. This show will make you question everything you know about life and death. Then, psychic mediums Char Margolis and John Edward come together to share exactly how their powers work and how you can tap into your intuition.
Thursday, May 5th - Food Truth: What’s Really In Your Guacamole?
We investigate store-bought guacamole: some may not even have avocados, so what’s really in there? Our Food Truth Series breaks it all down. Then, a great compliment to guac is a margarita. We have a recipe for the lowest calorie margarita ever. And, find out why the month of May is the best time to start a diet and stick to it.
Friday, May 6th - Everything You Need To Know About Alzheimer’s Right Now: The Alzheimer’s Pill
We have your Alzheimer’s wakeup call! More of what you can do to prevent Alzheimer’s from the biggest experts and leaders on the forefront of Alzheimer’s research. Then, the newest at-home test to assess your risk and new details on the Alzheimer’s pill. Plus, if you’re dealing with Alzheimer’s in your family, we have advice from Maria Shriver, who lost her father to the disease.
About The Dr. Oz Show
Currently in its seventh season, the three-time Daytime Emmy® Award-winning syndicated daily series "The Dr. Oz Show" is hosted by the three-time Emmy® Award-winning Dr. Mehmet Oz, accredited health expert, best-selling author, and world renowned cardiac surgeon. “The Dr. Oz Show” is an informative hour that offers audiences the opportunity to learn about a wide range of health and wellness topics. Tackling the balance of mind, body and spirit, Dr. Oz calls on specialists from a variety of disciplines for expert advice on how viewers can be their best selves.
Dr. Oz, the world renowned cardiothoracic surgeon, served as health expert on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” since 2004, sharing advice with viewers to help them live their best life from the inside out. Dr. Oz has co-authored six New York Times Best Sellers including "YOU: The Owner's Manual" as well as the award winning "Healing from the Heart". Dr. Oz launched his magazine The Good Life with Hearst Corporation in spring 2014. He has a regular column in O The Oprah Magazine.
Dr. Oz is a professor of Surgery at Columbia University. He directs the Cardiovascular Institute and Complementary Medicine Program at New York Presbyterian Hospital and performs 100 heart operations annually. His research interests include heart replacement surgery, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, complementary medicine and health care policy. He has authored over 400 original publications, book chapters, and medical books and has received several patents.
Cleared in over 99% of the country, “The Dr. Oz Show” is produced by Harpo Productions and distributed by Sony Pictures Television. “The Dr. Oz Show” is executive produced by Amy Chiaro and co-executive produced by Stacy Rader.