Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s 7-Day Crash Diet is full of foods to help your body burn fat faster. For lunch, try these delicious enchiladas. Beans will keep you satiated, help to reduce blood sugar and may help to burn off fat.
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup slicedonion
- 8 oz tomato sauce, low sodium
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans or canned beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 100% whole-wheat tortilla
Sauté the green pepper and onion in 2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce until tender. Stir in the remaining tomato sauce, beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, cilantro and cayenne. Simmer for 5 minutes. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the bean mixture on each tortilla and roll up. Serve as is or bake for 15 minutes in a 375°F oven.