Culinary Institute of America's Turkey Meatloaf
Transform your traditional meatloaf into a powerful fat fighter with this recipe from the Culinary Institute of America! Made with turkey and old-fashioned uncooked oats, you can enjoy this meatloaf guilt-free.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 oz baby portobello mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 (20.8 oz) package ground turkey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat the olive oil in sauté pan over medium high. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft but not browned. Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary and tomato paste and stir to mix.
Mix the broth with the oats to moisten. Stir in the egg. Combine the onion mixture, oats mixture and ground turkey and mix well. Form the mixture into a load on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 45 minute, then spread the ketchup on top of the meatloaf. Bake 45 minutes more, or until cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.