Sam Talbot's Tartar Sauce
Make over your tartar sauce recipe by using plain Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
Slash the calories in your tartar sauce in half by swapping the traditional mayonnaise base for a plain Greek yogurt base. Greek yogurt is just as creamy as mayonnaise and this version from Chef Sam Talbot features strong flavors from mustard, dill, cayenne pepper, and capers. Enjoy as a sandwich spread or pair with Talbot's battered cod and turnip fries.
- 1/2 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp mustard
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
- chopped dill (optional)
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely diced capers
1. In a small bowl, use a small spatula to mix the yogurt with the mustard, salt, pepper, dill, and cayenne pepper, if using.
2. Fold in the pickles and capers.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.