Dr. Mark Hyman's Mashed Cauliflower
Make your dinner side dish healthy with this cauliflower recipe.
Mashed cauliflower is a delicious, healthy substitute for mashed potatoes. Plus, making a side dish has never been easier! Simply use an immersion blender to quickly create a delicious cauliflower mash.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and steam cauliflower florets.
2. Drain cauliflower and add the rest of the ingredients into the pot. Blend with an immersion blender until mashed and creamy in consistency.