Dr. Mark Hyman's One-Pot Tomato Soup
Warm up with this quick and easy soup recipe.
Soup can take a long time to make, but with an immersion blender you can make soup for your sick days almost instantaneously. Give this healthy one-pot tomato soup a try, and freeze any leftovers for another cold or rainy day.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme or parsley, chopped
- 1 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, with juice
- 1 14 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, with juice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Saute garlic and onions in the bottom of the pot on medium heat.
2. Add in all ingredients an bring to a boil.
3. Once pot is boiling, lower heat and simmer mixture for 15 minutes.
4. Use immersion blender to blend everything together in the pot until soup reaches a smooth and creamy consistency.