Rocco DiSpirito's Spinach Pizza Crust
Use this recipe to make guilt-free pizza.
While cauliflower is a popular alternative for pizza crust, Rocco DiSpirito recommends using spinach instead because it has a milder flavor and blends with other ingredients better. Cut your carb intake and swap out your normal pizza order with this recipe.
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- fresh basil, to taste
- fresh oregano, to taste
1. Blend cheese and spinach together in a food processor.
2. Stir in the egg and herbs and pour mixture onto a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet.
3. Bake spinach crust at 400°F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.
4. Add on your favorite toppings (tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, vegetables, etc.) and broil until toppings are warmed.