Apple and Gorgonzola Stuffed Almond French Toast
Make your breakfast gourmet with this fancy French toast recipe.
French toast is a delicious and classic brunch staple. Try livening up the breakfast table with this sweet and savory flavor combo of apple and gorgonzola French toast. Make sure to pick a bread that is more grainy in texture to balance out the gooey cheese.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp softened almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk (optional)
- 4 slices of bread
- 3 tbsp Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 apple, cored and cut into 1/3 inch slices
1. In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, lemon zest, almond butter, vanilla extract, salt, and condensed milk (if using) until well mixed.
2. Submerge the bread slices in the egg mix, turning them a few times to cover evenly in the liquid. Let them soak while you heat the griddle.
3. Once the griddle is ready, grease it with oil or butter and cook the soaked bread for a few minutes until nice and brown, then flip the slices over and cook for another few minutes.
4. Layer the apples topped by the cheese on two of the slices and the top with the other bread slices. Press down on the now-stuffed toast and cook another minute. Then flip over and cook one more minute on the other side.
5. Cut into halves on the diagonal and serve with maple syrup.