This sushi recipe is a vegetarian twist on a Japanese classic.
A simple lunch option, this veggie sushi that Tom Brady and Giselle Bündchen love is perfect for vegans and vegetarians and easy to customize. Made with brown rice instead of white sushi rice, you'll get a serving of whole grains and extra fiber as well!
- 3 cups brown rice
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 avocados, sliced lengthwise
- 2 carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cucumber, sliced lengthwise
- ponzu sauce, to taste
1. Cook brown rice according to package instructions. Fold rice wine vinegar into rice. Let rice cool to room temperature.
2. When cool, evenly spread out rice on a bamboo sushi mat with a wooden spoon or dip your hands in a bowl of cool water and spread the rice with your fingers. Layer avocado, carrot, and cucumber slices on top.
3. Use the mat to roll rice and vegetables into a packed roll. Slide mat out and repeat. Slice into 1/2-inch rounds.