Get your early morning energy boost with this recipe.
Common in Vietnam, egg coffee is surprisingly light and provides an extra protein boost along with your daily dose of caffeine. Adding an egg to your brew clarifies the coffee, helping the grounds separate more easily from water. The egg white also helps diminish the bitterness of the grounds, giving you a smoother-tasting cup of joe.
- 1 egg
- 7-12 tbsp ground coffee
- 1/4 cup cold water plus extra splash
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
1. Mix egg with ground coffee and 1/4 cup cold water until smooth.
2. Add mixture to boiling water for about 5 minutes.
3. Add a splash of cold water and let the coffee sit for about 2 minutes. Skim off any grounds off the top.
4. Strain the coffee into your cup and enjoy!