Iced Rainbow Latte
Get the recipe behind the colorful milk beverage making waves on social media.
Based in New York City, The Good Sort is the vegan coffee and tea shop behind the rainbow latte that's gone viral on social media. Made without coffee, it's a blended non-dairy milk beverage that contains no additives, refined sugars, or artificial food coloring.
Photo courtesy of The Good Sort.
- 1 tsp beetroot powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp blue algae powder
- 4 tsp hot water
- 1/3 cup oat milk
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- ginger powder, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- agave, to taste
1. Divide hot water into three small separate bowls. Dissolve each of the three powders into separate bowls in a 1:1 ratio.
2. Whisk together dissolved beetroot and oat milk in one bowl.
3. In the second small bowl, whisk together turmeric and almond milk.
4. In the third small bowl, whisk the blue algae with coconut milk.
5. Add ice to a smoothie glass and begin layering the milk blends together. Start with the pink beetroot milk, repeat with the yellow turmeric milk, and then top with the blue algae milk.
6. Finish with ginger, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and agave to taste.