Black Bean Tacos with Cashew Filling
This vegetarian taco recipe is packed with plant-based protein and brain-boosting antioxidants.
If you’re looking to boost your brain function, adding key foods to your diet could help you fortify your brain. Indulging in legumes like peas, lentils, and beans like the black beans featured in this recipe help you stay full and focused. The cashew filling is another creative way to add protein to your meal, with a good source of healthy fat and antioxidants as well!
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped and seeded
- black beans
- queso blanco
1. To make the cashew filling, blend the raw cashews, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and garlic in a blender on high until smooth. Set aside.
2. Heat a shallow pan over low heat. Add olive oil, onion, and jalapenos and cook until onions are translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add in the blended cashew mix and stir together, cooking until heated, 3-4 minutes.
3. Fill tortillas with black beans and queso blanco, to taste. Divide the cashew mixture evening amongst the tortillas. Garnish with guacamole, salsa, and cilantro.