Scrambled Eggs With Sliced Fruit
Jump start your day with this balanced breakfast recipe.
Nutritionist Maya Feller believes that a detox of any kind should be both food and beverage based. Without solid food, you could end up overeating once the detox is over to make up for the hunger you experienced. If you are on a detox, teatox, or any other diet, try out these delicious and nutritious eggs with fruit.
Recipe from Food Can Fix It by Dr. Mehmet Oz
Photo Credit: Sarah Anne Ward
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 small orange, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1. Mist a medium skillet with cooking spray and place it over medium heat.
2. Add the tomato and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and egg whites; add to the skillet and scramble. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve alongside the banana and orange, topped with the flaxseed and cinnamon.