Vegetarian Chili With Brown Rice
Break out your soup pot for this perfect cold-weather recipe.
Just because you're on a cleanse doesn't mean you should starve yourself. Nutritionist Maya Feller thinks you should combine solid foods with liquid ones to make sure you aren't starving and revert back to old eating habits once you're done. This chili is the perfect dish to make because it fills you up and the fiber content will help bust your bloat.
Recipe from Food Can Fix It by Dr. Mehmet Oz
Photo Credit: Paul Sirisalee
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp plain 2% Greek yogurt
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin and cook until the onion is softened, about 7 minutes.
3. Add the bell pepper, beans, and tomatoes and cook until the bell pepper is soft.
4. Serve over the rice, topped with yogurt.