Vegetarian Chili with Brown Rice
Break out your soup pot for this perfect cold-weather recipe.
Packed with vegetable-based protein, a rich tomato base, and just the right amount of spice, this vegetarian chili is a satisfying option you can make in just 30 minutes! Full of flavor, vegetarians will ask for this chili again and again, and you may even convert meat lovers!
Recipe from Food Can Fix It by Dr. Oz.
Photo Credit: Paul Sirisalee
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp plain 2% greek yogurt
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin and cook until the onion is softened, about 7 minutes.
3. Add the bell pepper, beans, and tomatoes and cook until the bell pepper is soft.
4. Serve over the rice, topped with yogurt.