The Pioneer Woman’s Angel Food Cake
Put together a delicious dessert with just a few simple ingredients in this recipe.
This can make a super-fast dessert can be made for a holiday get together, or just when someone randomly drops by! You can use any cake you want for the main ingredient -- if there's a gluten-free option, it's a good way to go, or even just supermarket angel food cake or pound cake.
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Come and Get It! by Ree Drummond
- 1 angel food cake loaf
- 1 jar lemon curd
- fruit jam of your choice
- frozen whipped topping, thawed in the fridge
1. Unwrap the cake and place on cutting board.
2. Slice in half horizontally through the middle.
3. Then use a square cookie cutter to cut neat squares from the cake. (use the scraps to make a trifle!)
4. Slice each square of cake horizontally in half to make two thinner layers.
5. Spread half the squares with lemon curd and half the squares with jam.
6. Stack three squares together.
7. Add about three tablespoons whipped topping and spread it all over the surface, using the back of a spoon or spatula to make little peaks on top. Repeat with the remaining cake slices.