The Pioneer Woman’s Christmas Kabobs
When it comes to holiday parties and get-togethers, this is an essential appetizer recipe.
Kabobs are not just for summer grilling anymore! They make the perfect appetizer for a holiday party or any get-together. Make extra spice mix and store it in an airtight container to use for other meals with meats like pork and chicken.
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 2 1/2 lbs top sirloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large white onion, cut into chunks
1. For the spice mix: Mix together the salt, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, oregano and thyme in a small bowl.
2. For the skewers: Pat the cubes of meat dry and sprinkle generously with the spice mix. Place into large plastic resealable bags and allow to sit in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Thread a chunk of meat on each skewer, followed by a chunk of red pepper, green pepper and onion; repeat this pattern 3 times on each skewer.
5. Grill the skewers until medium rare, 4 to 7 minutes.