The Pioneer Woman’s Parmesan Prosciutto Spears
It only takes a few minutes to assemble this classic appetizer recipe.
Parmesan stays fresher longer if you buy it in block form, and you can make more recipes from it too! It keeps well in the fridge, and you can use it to make Parmesan crisps with the leftover cheese. A little dried apricot also complements the Parmesan in this recipe.
- 1 lb thick asparagus spears
- ½ lb prosciutto, very thinly sliced
- 2 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved or grated
1. Trim the ends off the asparagus.
2. Take each slice of prosciutto and slice it in half, then grate a thin layer of Parmesan on top. Roll each asparagus spear with the Parmigiano and prosciutto.
3. Serve and enjoy!