Bobby Flay's Roasted Peach and Pistachio Smoothie
Start your day off right with this delicious smoothie recipe!
This smoothie is unlike any you've had before. When you roast the peaches, the heat will intensify their natural sweetness and create a truly indulgent breakfast!
Recipe from Bobby Flay Fit: 200 Recipes for a Healthy Lifestyle by Bobby Flay, Stephanie Banyas, and Sally Jackson. Copyright 2017 by Boy Meets Grill, Inc.
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup toasted shelled pistachios or 2 tbsp unsweetened pistachio butter
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest (optional)
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup ice cubes, depending on desired thickness
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Combine the peaches and cinnamon on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, turning once, until the peaches are very soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes. Remove to a plate and let cool completely. The fruit can be roasted up to 2 days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
3. In a blender, combine the fruit, yogurt, pistachios, orange zest, if using, vanilla, and a splash of water, and blend until smooth. Add the ice and blend again until smooth. Divide between two large glasses.