J.J. Smith's Healthy Buffalo Wings
Fit this clean protein recipe into your apple cider vinegar detox to rev up your metabolism even more!
It's easy to think protein has no place in a detox, but it will actually give you extra strength and help rev up metabolism. The buffalo sauce on these wings is made with apple cider vinegar and healthy spices. Try it out on chicken, cauliflower, or another of your favorite proteins. For more detox recipes, check out J.J. Smith's apple cider vinegar detox recipe box.
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash and pat dry each chicken wing and dust with 1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt, plus the ground pepper.
3. Bake for approximately one hour, or until they are golden brown and the skin is hardened when you touch it.
4. While the chicken is baking, make the buffalo sauce in a small sauce pan on the stove. Whisk the coconut oil, vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt together. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and then remove from heat. Whisk again just before using.
5. When the chicken comes out of the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes then place in a large bowl and pour the buffalo sauce over. Stir and combine until each wing is evenly coated. Serve alongside celery sticks.