Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Coconut oil is a great ingredient to bake with since you can use it as a 1:1 substitute for butter. It is an especially great choice if you're trying to cut down on dairy. For this cookie recipe, you can make it entirely dairy-free if you use semi-sweet morsels instead of milk chocolate chips.
Recipe by Zenobia Dewely of Zenobia's Sweet Tooth.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup coconut oil (solid or melted)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Add coconut oil and sugars together in a bowl and mix until fluffy.
3. Add vanilla extract, then beat eggs in one at a time. Mix well.
4. Add the flour and baking powder at medium speed. Mix for 45 seconds.
5. Add chocolate chips and mix again for 45 seconds.
6. Use a cookie scoop to drop onto baking sheets.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.