Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Peppers
This spinach and artichoke stuffed pepper recipe makes for a delicious, healthy, and easy dinner.
Artichokes are an underrated source of prebiotics. Not only are they good for your gut, they also help promote healthy cholesterol and blood pressure! Many people feel intimidated by artichokes because they have trouble working them into meals or just aren't sure how to prepare them. Gastroenterologist Dr. Roshini Rajapaksa recommends buying canned or frozen artichokes, which takes away the guesswork without losing any nutritional value. This Delish recipe is full of artichokes and protein so you can feel good about digging in.
- 4 assorted bell peppers, halved and seeded
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- kosher salt
- ffreshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed, well-drained, and chopped
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. On a large, rimmed baking sheet, place bell peppers cut side up and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, add chicken, artichoke hearts, spinach, cream cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, mayo, and garlic. Season with more salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
3. Divide chicken mixture between pepper halves, top with remaining mozzarella, and bake until cheese has melted and peppers are tender, about 25 minutes.
4. Garnish with parsley and serve.