Grilled Beef and Bean Burgers
Sneak fiber into your meal with this tasty recipe.
A high fiber diet helps keeps your digestive system stay healthy and regular which is the aim of The 28-Day Inflammation-Busting Plan. Try out this delicious recipe from registered dietitian Tanya Zuckerbrot -- you won't even notice the beans in it!
Recipe in collaboration with the U.S. Dry Bean Council
- 1 can (15.5 oz) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 4 bran crispbreads, pulverized into sprinkles
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 5 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- lettuce (optional)
- tomato (optional)
- sliced onion (optional)
1. Heat an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan.
2. Place beans in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the beef, crispbreads, barbecue sauce, pepper, and the egg. Mix well to combine and shape mixture into five patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
3. Grill the patties for about five minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
4. Serve on whole-wheat buns and top with lettuce, tomato, and onion.
**Note: Calorie count does not include optional toppings.