What if you could stay fit and healthy and still be able to snack on sweets? With this two-ingredient banana-oat cookie recipe, you get all of the health benefits of a banana, such as potassium and vitamin B6, while still enjoying a sweet treat.
- 3 large bananas
- 2 cup blended oats
- Optional add-ins: cinnamon, vanilla extract, cacao nibs, nuts or unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mash bananas in a separate bowl.
3. Pour oats and any add-ins into bowl.
4. Using your hands or a large spoon, mix the oat mash together.
5. Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, portion 12 scoops of oat mash onto a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet or silicone mat. Cover the scooped portions of dough with plastic wrap and, using the flat bottom of a glass, press down on the scoops until they are 1/2-inch thick.
6. Place into oven and bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in I Tried It for 21 Days. This Is What Happened..
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!