This soup is jam-packed with many of the delicious and nutritious non-starchy veggies available in the 21-Day Weight Loss Breakthrough Diet. Make this soup in batches to have on hand for lunch, dinner, or a mid-day snack to help fill you up and burn calories throughout the day.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- pinch of coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 cups cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 5 oz package baby spinach
- 1 lb silken soft tofu (drained and patted dry)
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
1. Cook onion, celery, thyme, salt, and pepper in olive oil in a pot over medium heat, stirring, until softened (about four minutes).
2. Add in garlic cloves and cook one minute more. Stir in cauliflower and milk. Simmer, covered, until cauliflower is tender (about 10 minutes).
3. Add in baby spinach and simmer, covered but stirring occasionally, until just wilted (about two minutes).
4. Stir in tofu, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
5. In batches, puree soup in a blender until smooth. Let cool. Transfer to a container and freeze.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The 21-Day Weight Loss Breakthrough.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!