Food blogger Beth Nydick of Blue Barn Kitchen shares her recipe for a savory egg casserole. This quick recipe can easily be made in the morning, but it also freezes well, so consider doubling the batch and freezing an extra casserole to serve later. Plus, while this recipe calls for zucchini and squash, you can easily substitute in whatever vegetables you have on hand.
This recipe is part of the 28-Day Shrink Your Stomach Challenge — see how you can eat and plank your way to a slimmer waistline. Get instructions for how to get started with this challenge, and find more 28-Day Shrink Your Stomach recipes.
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Use organic butter or spray on a 9x13 baking dish or a 12 muffin tin.
3. In a large pan sauté zucchini and butternut square in olive oil, about 5 minutes.
4. When veggies are slightly mushy, place them in the bottom of the pan or muffin tin. Layer in the chopped avocado, then top with more veggies.
5. Whisk the eggs, almond milk, and salt and pepper mix together and pour it over top of everything.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the egg is barely set in the center. Enjoy!
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Dr. Oz Investigates Diet Ice Cream: Are the Ingredients Making You Fat?.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!