Breakfast tacos can be a healthy and tasty way to fuel up in the morning. Food blogger Beth Nydick of Blue Barn Kitchen shares her easy spinach and avocado tacos that you can whip up in minutes.
This recipe is part of the 28-Day Shrink Your Stomach Challenge. Eat and plank your way to a slimmer waistline! See instructions to get started with this challenge, and find more 28-Day Shrink Your Stomach recipes.
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 4 tbsp salsa
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas (use corn tortillas for gluten-free option)
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
1. Whisk eggs in a small bowl; season with kosher salt and pepper, set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add spinach and sauté until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
3. Add eggs; stirring until set, about 1-2 minutes. While the eggs are cooking, slice avocado into long strips.
4. To assemble the taco, place half the spinach and divided eggs between the tortillas. Top with the sliced avocado and your choice of toppings to finish off the dish; add beans for fiber and jalapeños for some heat.
Watch The Video
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!