This delicious whole-grain bowl from Kate Kerley of Simply Savory by Kate is loaded with fiber-rich lentils and quinoa, which will keep you full and satisfied during the 28-Day Shrink Your Stomach Challenge. Not on the challenge yet? Get the instructions and find more 28-Day Shrink Your Stomach recipes.
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 head broccolini, sliced
- 1 cup bok choy or greens of your choice
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1-2 tbsp low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Thai chili paste
1. Bring 1/4 cup quinoa and 1/2 cup water to boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and let cook 20-25 minutes until all water is absorbed.
2. Pick through and rinse lentils. Add 2 cups of water and lentils. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute 10 minutes. Add broccolini and peppers and saute 10-12 more minutes. Add squash and saute another 5-8 minutes.
4. Add bok choy, paprika, chili paste, and a splash of broth and saute until incorporated and bok choy is wilted.
5. Serve 1/2 cup lentils, 1/2 cup quinoa, and all vegetables.
Watch The Video
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!