Soba or Japanese buckwheat noodles are the star of this noodle stir fry from Kate Kerley of Simply Savory by Kate. Lean protein like chicken breast and assorted vegetables round out this balanced meal, which is part of the 28-Day Shrink Your Stomach Challenge.
- 1/2 cup cooked soba noodles
- 1 small head broccoli
- 2 carrots, sliced with peeler
- 1/2 zucchini, cut in spiralizer or sliced with peeler
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 oz chicken breast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white rice vinegar
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp oil
1. Cook soba noodles according to package.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. On a baking tray, sprinkle black pepper and ginger on chicken. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
3. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add broccoli to pan and stir, cooking another 5-8 minutes.
5. Add zucchini and carrot and stir until just soft, about 5 minutes.
6. Add chili paste and garlic powder and stir until incorporated.
7. Add 1/2 cup soba noodles to vegetable mixture and incorporate. Serve with chicken on top.
Watch The Video
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!