Use lettuce leaves instead of flour and corn tortillas as low-calorie taco wrappers in this fun recipe from Kate Kerley of Simply Savory by Kate.
This recipe is part of the 28-Day Shrink Your Stomach Challenge. Eat and plank your way to a slimmer waistline! See instructions to get started with this challenge, and find more 28-Day Shrink Your Stomach recipes.
- 2 small chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 1/3-1 2/3 cup water
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 pieces Napa cabbage or Bibb lettuce
- 1 radish, diced
1. In a small pot, bring 1/2 cup quinoa and 1 cup water to boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 25 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and saute 10 minutes.
3. Add chicken to pan and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add zucchini, and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add all seasoning and 1/3-2/3 cups water and mix until all is incorporated and sauce thickens.
6. Serve on cabbage slices and top with diced radish.
Watch The Video
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!