Top this oatmeal with some fresh raspberries or dried cherries to add sweetness and get an extra antioxidant boost. This recipe's lignans, found in oats, and calcium, found in milk, may help prevent pancreas and liver cancers. Additionally, Green tea is rich in catechins, which reduce growth of blood vessels needed for tumor growth.
Makes 2 servings, about 3/4 cup each
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1/2 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 tsp low-caloire sugar substitute
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled.